Sunday, December 6, 2020

First MOS Associate Earned and 7 Becomes 8

Badges, badges, badges this weekend!

Before class yesterday (Saturday), the seventh student took on MOS Excel (MO-200) and won ^_^

In class, I reviewed answers to bonus quizzes, demonstrated step-by-step the correct way to fulfill A7 Mail Merge, walked through a calendar for the home stretch and overtime of IS101-3022, and showcased two homepage designs.

During that time, the eighth student reached out to me after a long absence. After class, I connected with the student and reassured her that she has the potential to finish strong even after the official end of the semester.

This morning (Sunday), Matthew completed all PowerPoint-related coursework and lead the charge against MOS PowerPoint (MO-300). Also at the same exam session is the seventh student returning to face MOS Word (MO-100) and a student from another professor's class re-taking MO-200. It was a rare occurrence proctoring three different certification exams in the same session. All three succeeded -- doing a happy dance -- and the leading student of IS101-3022 became the first to earn the coveted MOS Associate distinction :-)


Afterwards, Matthew and I discussed the optional assignments (OA) and what is beyond MOS Associate. OA9 Object Linking & Embedding Query Option is a direct continuation of A7 Mail Merge and the least amount of work of the three OAs. I will elaborate on what is beyond MOS Associate after more students have earned their MOS Associate distinction.

I wish my students success in their final push.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to all my fellow colleagues on achieving their certifications. It is an honor to be a part of such a high-achieving group of individuals and scholars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for cleaning up my homepage! It looks much better than what I had. Congratulations to everyone who completed their MOS exams :) and warm welcome back to our 8th classmate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Matthew on being the first to take on MO-300, may we all pass the test. Good luck to the 8th student.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the shoutout Mr. Wu. I appreciate all of the comments and support from my classmates. I look forward to trying to tackle the MOS Expert certifications and hopefully add to my current certification count.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Matt, amazing accomplishment and the 1st to receive MOS PowerPoint, and MOS Associate. Hopefully we can fellow in your foot steps. Also welcome back Linda, best of luck finishing strong, also it will seem rough at times but there is more then enough opportunity to finish with a high grade. The homepages look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Professor for putting your time and energy helping me with my Homepage. Its beautiful and I really like it. Congratulations to Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Matt on passing MO-300. Everyone's homepage looks amazing so proud of everyone's hard work. Here's to everyone finishing the semester strong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Late congrats Matt! Tuka's webpage looks great!

    ReplyDelete