Saturday, October 24, 2020

First Homepage and Trio of Student Presentations

The second half of Fall 2020 kicked off with bang as a trio of students presented their A5 Slideshow Presentation and the first student homepage uploaded to the World Wide Web :-)

Tukta shared her biography, how she came to the U.S., her hobbies, and her career goal with the class.

Bridget brought her husband to any answer questions on whether Die Hard (1988) is a Christmas movie. Their daughter made a surprise appearance ^_^

Anthony dazzled the class with his vibrant and educational presentation on Lowriders. I did not know Japan play such a pivotal role in the lowrider scene.

The leader of the class also produced the most content filled initial draft of a homepage. I was happy to help him polish it and elated that he agreed to be the first to upload his homepage to the World Wide Web:





I hope his homepage inspire design ideas for his classmates and I look forward to help him and his fellow presenters to perform the online publishing portion (creating webpages from their slideshow) of A4 Homepage, Website, Online Publishing.

Next week, I will give a double-feature presentation and walkthrough on Key Microsoft Excel and Analysis Concepts. The week after that will be the next round of student presentations.

8 comments:

  1. Seeing Anthony's homepage has definitely inspired me and seeing it go live was very exciting. It was also really fun getting to present my PowerPoint for the class and I hope they enjoyed it as well. Here is to another amazing week in IS101.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the presentations that everyone did. It did help give me an idea on what to do for mine. I am sorry I had to leave before seeing the webpage go live :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great presentations, classmates! I am excited to learn that I have made it over the crest of the hill for Fall 2020, and I am so close to completing this challenging, yet very rewarding, semester.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could of been available to witness these great presentations, congrats to Anthony, Bridget, and Tukta for leading the pack and on providing the 1st presentations. Reaching the midpoint of this semester is motivating and I plan to finish stronger then I started.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant wait to see everyone else's presentations this coming up class. You guys are going to do great. It's cool that I was able to be the first to upload my homepage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad to say but I'm not the most creative person, so tasks like this can be challenging for me. I haven't even touched my PowerPoint presentation due to work. Sorry I missed everyone's presentation last week, unfortunately I will be working again this weekend when we have class, good luck to everyone presenting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you to Professor and my classmates. I was a little nervous when I did my presentation. I got some ideas of how to create my webpage after I saw Anthony's webpage, and waiting to see everybody's presentations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got to join in these week for class and I loved all the presentations! Thank you for sharing your stories and interests with the class!

    ReplyDelete